Maybe you think the default Google New Tab page is a little boring. If yes, then it’s time to change it. You know, you can customize the, match your tastes and preferences, so it’s time for a change.
Not only can you style up the look by changing the colors of tabs and bookmarks bar, but there are also many other customization options available to make things unique!
How to change google background in 2022
If you want to alter the outlook of your browser, we have some tips that will get the job done. You can spice up the New Tab background and colors and add more flair with different themes available in the Google background settings menu!
Do you want to change the Google background image and give your tabs a new look? Just follow these simple steps:
- Open your browser and navigate to Chrome Preferences: Toggle the three dots at the top of the browser and select Preferences from the Chrome menu in the top-left corner on a Mac.
- Select Appearance: You’ll notice an Appearance option in the left sidebar.
- Navigate to the Chrome Web Store: You’ll see a field labeled Theme at the top of the Appearance section. If you already have a theme installed, it will be listed directly below. There is an arrow to the right.
- Select a theme that appeals you: The world of color schemes is vast. There are dark modes, slate colors, and high contrast options to choose from – but which will you go for? Spend some time finding your perfect match so that every day feels just right!
Keep an eye on the themes that affect not only your search page but also tabs and other areas. In addition, make sure you don’t have a negative experience because of this!
- Click the Add to Chrome button: Once you’ve chosen your Theme, click the Add To Chrome option. Google will instantly add the desired design and make it available for browsing in minutes!
How to apply specific customizations?
Have you ever considered creating a custom image for the site? Now, it’s made easy. All you need is a few simple steps and the right tools.
Select any custom image
- Click the Customize Chrome button located in the bottom-right corner.
- A new tab appears, and from there, you can either edit your browser settings or add extensions, making it easier for you to use some of those features we talked about earlier!
- To upload an image as your background, click the Browse button and choose from one of many backgrounds in a given category.
- Or if you have already picked out something special that is perfect for this website’s Theme, then go ahead with selecting it!
- In either case, there will be another pop-up window asking where on earth do I locate these things? Well, luckily enough, they are all right here, so find what file type looks like (jpg or png) put them somewhere safe because we’re going to need it soon.
Select color and Theme
Do you want to personalize your Chrome? You can select an appropriate background picture, or if it’s more of an aesthetic thing, there is plenty for everyone. Customizing the entire layout will also give it that extra bit of flair!
The possibilities are endless with how much customization one could get from installing different themes on their browser.
- Click the Customize Chrome button in the bottom-right corner of a new tab.
- Choose the Color and Theme tab on your left from the in-browser window that appears.
- You’ll see a variety of complementary color swatches; choose your favorite.
- To save your changes, click Done. The results will be displayed in your browser right away.
To change the color used for default themes, head back to Theme Options and click on your chosen swatch. Click done when finished changing!
How to customize google background on android
An alternative app is required to change the color or design on Google’s home page. Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to use full-fledged features in their main product because it was designed for low-end smartphones but will work just fine with any device.
- Install and launch Google Go on your Android device.
- Locate the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the screen. Tap it for more options!
- At the top of the screen, select the “Choose wallpaper.” And choose the one you like.
- The new image should take the place of the standard white background that appears when you launch the Google Go app.
If you want to return the background of your phone, tap again on this gear icon. Next select “Remove wallpaper,” and voila! You’re back in white mode.
If there was the only thing I could say about Google Go, and it would be that they have done an excellent job with design-wise how everything looks. One little detail left until now, though – if something is selected as default like wallpapers or themes, then revert makes sense because, at least, visually speaking.
We know what direction our eye will go when looking at screens, so having options helps keep things exciting, but clicking away from these choices does not needlessly clutter where applicable space might become highly cluttered.
FAQ’S – Answer the pubic
- How do you get to the Google Chrome settings?
The Settings page can be accessed by selecting the three stacked horizontal lines icon to the left of the address bar; it will open a dropdown menu with Settings at the bottom of the screen.
- How can I change my Google background to a GIF?
Click on the “Customize” button in the lower right-hand corner to get started. Click the “Upload from device” button and type in the title of your new GIF to find it. Google Chrome will upload your file and change the location of your Chrome homepage!
By following the above article’s easy steps, you can customize your new tab page. How about with a background from Google Background Library or one of your choosing? The best aspect is it only takes seconds to do it!